If you are planning to study abroad, check out the GRE exam dates and registration process for 2023.
The GRE is a standardized test used to evaluate the academic aptitude of individuals who are seeking admission into graduate and post-graduate programs abroad. It is designed to assess an individual’s verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning, critical thinking, analytical writing skills, and more. Universities all over the world often use the GRE as part of their admissions process. Taking the GRE can help applicants boost their chances of getting admitted into top programs at higher education institutions.
Additionally, it serves as an assessment tool that can be used to measure one’s readiness for advanced study in various disciplines, such as business or engineering.
GRE Exam Dates 2023 Guide
Listed below are the GRE exam dates for 2023 that are currently accessible in India. After checking the available dates at their test centre and taking the necessary steps, candidates can move forward with the GRE registration process.
Home testing is an option for candidates taking the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), provided they meet the necessary technical criteria and provide themselves with an atmosphere that is conducive to learning.
Ahmedabad – GRE Exam Dates 2023
Bengaluru – GRE Exam Dates 2023
Chandigarh – GRE Exam Dates 2023
Chennai – GRE Exam Dates 2023
Hyderabad – GRE Exam Dates 2023
Kolkata – GRE Exam Dates 2023
Mumbai – GRE Exam Dates 2023
New Delhi – GRE Exam Dates 2023
Pune – GRE Exam Dates 2023
GRE Home Edition Dates 2023
The GRE Home Edition is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and you can make an appointment as soon as 24 hours after signing up. If a candidate wants to take the ET GRE at home, they must meet the requirements listed on the website.
The GRE Test Registration Process
When registering for the GRE, it is important to plan ahead and register at least four weeks before the desired test date. Registration typically takes place online through the official website or by phone.
Once registered, individuals will receive an email confirmation with their registration information, including their test centre location and appointment time. It is also possible to reschedule a test date if needed, but this must be done no later than four days prior to the scheduled test day.
In addition to registering for a specific test date, applicants can sign up for practice tests as well. These tests provide insight into the types of questions one might encounter on the actual exam, as well as how much preparation one needs in order to succeed on the GRE. Practice tests are available throughout the year, with some being offered free of charge while others may require payment in order to take them.
Finally, once all sections of the GRE have been completed and submitted, results will usually be released within two weeks from that point via mail or email, depending on individual preferences when registering for it initially.
Also, applicants can ask for their unofficial score report as soon as they finish the test. This gives them basic information about how they did without having to wait for their official scores from ETS (Educational Testing Service).
How to Apply
Candidates planning to attempt the GRE should register for the GRE General Test. Check out our step-by-step guide to registering for the GRE exam in 2023.
Steps to Register
Register 60–70 days prior to your first university admission. Book a GRE exam slot successfully by following the steps mentioned below:
- Go to the Official Website
- Make a GRE test takers profile
- Fill out the GRE application
- Choose the GRE exam date and location for 2023
- Pay the US $228 GRE registration form fee
- Confirm and submit your GRE application
- Print out or save the GRE submission information for later use
GRE Exam Fee Update
The fees for the GRE test vary depending on where you are taking the test and what type of test you are registering for.
The general GRE exam costs $228 USD, and each subject test costs $150 USD. Also, some countries may charge an extra fee because of how their currency is exchanged.
When it comes to how to pay, people have a number of options, such as
- credit card
- debit card
- PayPal accounts
- electronic vouchers bought from ETS’s website
- Individuals who wish to pay by check must contact customer service directly in order to do so.
For those wishing to pay online during registration, there are two main steps that need to be taken:
- First, applicants will need to fill out all necessary information requested on the registration page, such as name and address.
- Second, they will enter in their payment details.
Once this is done successfully, the applicant can finish registering for their desired test date without having any trouble paying ahead of time.
Points to Keep in Mind when Preparing for GRE
Here are some crucial reminders for those taking the GRE.
- The GRE General Test is available year-round at Prometric® test centres, except on weekends and holidays. Check the official website for further information on the subject.
- With the necessary system changes, ETS has just made it possible for applicants to take the GRE at home. Candidates may now take the GRE from the comfort of their own homes.
- To reserve a GRE spot, applicants must create an account with ETS, the organization in charge of running the GRE, choose a test centre and date, and pay the $228 GRE registration fee.
- Before scheduling the GRE, candidates should always keep their application deadline in mind. Applicants must ensure that their college or university sends their results before the deadline. Candidates should expect 10 to 14 days for the delivery of their GRE score reports to their chosen score receivers.
- Candidates may take the GRE General Test once every 21 days and no more than five times in a rolling 12-month period (365 days).
How to Cancel and Reschedule GRE Exam Date
The GRE exam dates can be cancelled or rescheduled, but it should be done no later than four days before the test, or you lose the fee amount.
For information on cancellation, rescheduling, and other GRE exam-related services, see the table below.
|GRE Services||GRE Fee (US$)|
|GRE Late Registration||$25|
|GRE Test Center Relocation||$50|
|GRE Test Rescheduling||$50|
|GRE Subject Change||$50|
The GRE is an important test for people who want to get a graduate degree. By knowing how to register ahead of time, people can be better prepared to do well on the day of their test. By registering early, applicants can make sure they are able to take the test on their desired date and have access to practice tests that will help them become more familiar with the structure and content found within it.
Additionally, payment options range from credit card purchases online to vouchers, which makes it easy for everyone, regardless of financial standing, to sign up when needed.
Overall, taking the GRE offers numerous benefits, including potential career opportunities or academic scholarships depending upon one’s score results. This means that investing time in properly preparing for it beforehand through studying material related to its subject could pay off immensely in the long term. Those considering applying to programs that require such an entrance exam should consider using all available resources to increase their chances of success once they sit down at their test centre location.