PGP-HRM at IIM Ranchi – Courses, Selection Process, Fee Structure
The PGP-HRM of IIM Ranchi is the first Two Year Full-Time Residential Programme in HR offered by any IIM. Hence, the programme attracts plenty of recruiters. The flagship Post Graduate Programme in Human Resource Management (PGP-HRM) at the Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Ranchi is a two-year, full-time residential Programme. The PGP – HRM course in IIM Ranchi provides a holistic understanding of how a business functions along with providing an in-depth view of Human Resources Management Practices in an Organization. The Post Graduate Programme is divided into six trimesters of 3 months over a period of 2 years. In this article, we will walk through the Courses, Selection Process, Fee Structure and Academic Calendar of PGP-HRM at IIM Ranchi.
Objectives of the PGP-HRM course
The objective of the PGP-HRM at IIM Ranchi is to create HR professionals who have the competencies to:
- Understand the business of the organization and its drivers;
- Understand the connect between business and HR deliverables;
- Understand the role of self in building acceptance, credibility and respect in the organization;
- Understand employees and their mindset so as to weave a relationship between their aspirations and organizational demand;
- Lead or contribute in the formulation and implementation of best in class Human resources practices in their organization; and
- Take on a strategic role in the development and accomplishment of organizational goals and objective
Selection process for PGP-HRM batch
- CAT exam held in November
- Initial Shortlisting for WAT and PI process
- An initial shortlist (from the list of applicants) shall be prepared of candidates who would be eligible for WAT and PI process for admission to the PGPHRM batch of IIM Ranchi. This shortlist is based purely on CAT percentile, Bachelor’s degree and Work Experience.
- Applicants have to fill up a form separate from the CAP form for PGP-HRM at IIM Ranchi
- Then, if shortlisted, applicants are called to Ranchi.
- WAT and PI process is conducted
- Final Admissions – The final admissions would be announced after the WAT and PI process is concluded. For Admissions to the batch of 2019-21, the First list was released in the month of May.
- Waitlist movements happened till June end.
The HRM Curriculum
The HR curriculum boasts of a number of courses that equip the students with the business and Human Resources knowhow to deal with such situations in their place of work. Listed below are the compulsory courses for 1st year of PGP – HRM at IIM Ranchi for the batch of 2020-22.
First Year Compulsory Courses
MBA-HRM (Batch 2020-22)
|TERM I (03-Aug-20 To 16-Oct-20)||TERM II (22-Oct-20 To 11-Jan-21)||TERM III (18-Jan-21 To 27-Mar-21)|
|Microeconomics||3.0||Macroeconomics||3.0||Human Resource Management||3.0|
|Financial Reporting and Cost Management||3.0||Industrial Relations||3.0||Strategic Management||3.0|
|Micro Organizational Behaviour||3.0||Financial Management||3.0||Organizational Development & Change||3.0|
|Business Statistics||3.0||Operations Management I||3.0||Information Systems||3.0|
|Marketing Management I||3.0||Marketing Management-II||3.0||Entrepreneurship||3.0|
|Business Communication I||1.5||Operations Research||3.0||Business Research Methods-II||3.0|
|Business Ethics||1.5||Macro organizational Behaviour||3.0||Legal Aspects of Business||1.5|
|History & Philosophy of Human management||1.5||Business Research Methods I||1.5||Business Communication – II||1.5|
In the first three terms, each term has a total of 21 credits.
After the end of first year curriculum in March, all students are required to do their Summer Internship for a duration of 2 months. The Internship happens in the months of April-May. After completion of the 2-month Summer Internship, students begin their second year of study.
Listed below are the compulsory courses in the 2nd year of MBA-HRM at IIM Ranchi for the Batch of 2020-22.
Second Year Compulsory Courses
MBA-HRM (Batch 2020-22)
|TERM IV (20-July-20 To 10-Oct-20)||TERM V (19-Oct-20 To 16-Jan-21)||TERM VI (25-Jan-21 To 20-March-21)|
|Industrial Disputes and Welfare Legislations||3.0||Social Security Legislations I||3.0||Social Security Legislations II||3.0|
|Training & Career Development||3.0||Human Resource Information System||3.0||HR decision making: Insights from Neuroscience||3.0|
|Performance Appraisal and Management||3.0||Global HRM||3.0||HR Branding Value Proposition||3.0|
|Strategic Staffing||3.0||Competency Management||3.0||Sustainable HRM||3.0|
|Total Rewards Management||3.0||HR Analytics||3.0|
|Occupational Testing and Measuremen||3.0|
|Negotiation and Conflict Management||3.0||HR Dissertation – 6 credits (in lieu of 6 credit courses) (Minimum requirement CGPI > 7.0 at the end of 1st year)|
- The fee for MBA & MBA-HR program for the batch 2020-22 is Rs 15 lakh. In addition to this, the mess expenses are Rs15,000/- per term
- The admission fee of Rs 1,00,000/- to be deposited while accepting the offer of admission against the tuition fee of 1st The tuition fee for 1st term is inclusive of amount paid as admission fee and tuition fee.
- The term wise amount indicated above is payable at the beginning of each term.
Academic Calendar for 2019-20
The PGP- HRM and PGP programme of IIM Ranchi begin at the same time in June. There are terms of three months each which are called trimesters. After each Trimester, a Term break of 7 days is given after which the registration for the next term happens with the payment of fees.
|Academic Calendar 2019-20 IIM Ranchi|
|Term 1||June 24 – September 16, 2019|
|Term 2||Sept 23 – Dec 21, 2019|
|Term 3||Dec 30 – March 28, 2020|
|Summer Internship||April -May, 2020|
|Term 4||June 07 – Aug 31, 2019|
|Term 5||Sept 9 – Dec 14, 2019|
|Term 6||Dec 23 – Feb 15, 2020|
The second year of MBA-HRM and MBA at IIM Ranchi is relatively shorter than the first year as the last trimester is of only 2 months length. Students pass out with the Convocation which is held normally in the month of March every year. And this brings to the end, an enriching journey of an MBA at IIM Ranchi that remains an experience to savour for a lifetime.