IIT Delhi Summer Placement Report’s Comparison
The placement process of the 2020-22 batch witnessed 100% placements with an average stipend of 1.78 lacs which is an increase of 18.66% from last year. IIT Delhi is one of the top B-school which witnessed a significant increase in average stipend. Many B-schools saw a decrease in average stipend due to pandemics. However, the resilience of the 2020-22 batch of IIT Delhi made it a top B-school. Maximum recruiters who participated are from Sales & Marketing closely followed by IT, Analytics & Consulting.
- The diversity split is 67% males and 33% females.
- 4% of the batch are engineers which show IIT Delhi doesn’t give weightage to diversity. Maximum students are from ECE followed by Mechanical engineering.
- 5 students are from Tier 1 colleges like IIT/NIT/SRCC.
- The average CAT percentile overall is 98 %ile and 98.7 %ile for freshers.
- The work experience split is 14% for 3+ years, 33% for 2-3 years, 24% for 1-2 years, 29% for less than a year.
- Average work experience is 22 months overall & 27% for experienced students.
- Some work experience brands include Deloitte, Ford, Godrej, Mahindra, PwC, Reliance, Samsung, ZS Associates etc.
- Maximum students are from IT which is closely followed by Supply Chain and Operations. However, last year 48% of students were from the IT sector and only 12% from operations. This shows that operations have grown over the years with the emergence of many e-commerce startups.
- The data analytics domain is also growing compared to last year with around 11% of students from data analytics.
Sector Wise Details
- Most roles i.e. 27% are in Sales & Marketing. Last year, most offered roles were in IT, Analytics and Consulting.
- The offers in Finance decreased to 15% from 21% last year while offers in HR increased to 12% from 5% last year.
- The top recruiters in the Sales & Marketing domain are Tata Consumer Product, GE Healthcare, Medtronic, Texas Instruments, Asian Paints offering roles like Business Development Intern, Digital Marketing Intern, Market Development Trainee etc.
- The top recruiters in the IT, Analytics and Consulting domain are Accenture, Capgemini, Wipro, Tiger Analytics offering roles like Data Analyst, Cloud Consulting, Management Consulting, IT & Business Development, Strategy Intern etc.
- The top recruiters in the Supply Chain and Operations domain are RB, Tata Consumer Product, Amway, GE Power offering roles like Supply Chain Management Intern, Quality & Process Excellence Intern, Operations Strategy etc.
- The top recruiters in the Finance domain are Synergy Consulting, GE Healthcare, Maersk, BNY Mellon offering roles like Project Financial Consulting, Financial Planning and Analysis, Accounting Intern, Wealth Management etc.
- The top recruiters in the HR domain are The Strategist, Jaipur Rugs, Cardekho offering roles like Human Resource Intern, Performance Management Intern, General Management Intern etc.
|Pointer||2020-22 Batch||2019-21 Batch||% Change|
|Highest Stipend||3.0 L||4.0 L||– 25%|
|Median Stipend||1.43 L||1.24 L||15.32%|
|Mean Stipend||1.78 L||1.5 L||18.66%|
|Mean Stipend of female students||1.97 L||1.76 L||11.93%|
- There is a significant increase in median and mean stipend despite tough times which shows the trust of recruiters in the students of IIT
- Mean Stipend is more than median stipend showing that the stipend band is diverse.
There was a significant increase in stipend offered compared to last year resulting in 100% placements. The top domains that students preferred are Sales & Marketing which is followed by IT, Analytics and Consulting.
To structure your CAT online preparation in an efficient way consider joining iQuanta which is a top online cat coaching institute and being a part of the iQuanta CAT 21 Course.
You can also check out and be a part of their Facebook group for peer learning, doubt solving and free material.