MICA Summer Placement Report Comparison
The 2020-22 batch of MICA witnessed 83 recruiters participating in the campus placement drive and extending offers to 208 students in various roles like business development & sales, operations, communication, consumer insights & analytics, brand management, market research, strategic planning, media planning, strategy & innovation, digital marketing, account management, rural marketing etc.
There is a 68% rise in first-time recruiters despite the fact that the entire process was conducted virtually. MICA even provided a sustenance allowance to select candidates to ensure no good opportunity is lost. New recruiters exhibited trust in the calibre of students by extending good offers to students.
- The gender ratio split is 55% female and 45% male.
- The educational background split is 46.5% engineering, 17.25% management, 16.7% commerce, 10.7% science, 8.8% arts and design.
- The work experience split is 26% having more than 2 years of experience, 21% having 1-2 years experience, 15% have 0-1 year experience and 38% freshers.
- 78 offers were given by recruiters from Media & Advertising which is the highest. Also, there is a growth of 105% in the number of offers compared to last year.
- There is a significant de-growth of 57.14% for offers in the E-commerce and IT/ ITeS sector
|Sector||Highest Stipend (2020-22 Batch)||Highest Stipend (2019-21 Batch)||Prominent Recruiters|
|Media & Advertising||1.5 L||1.5 L||Applause Entertainment, Atom, Jio Creative Labs, Saavn, The Hindu, Koo|
|E-commerce & IT/ ITeS||2.77 L||2.44 L||Amazon, Flipkart, Grofers, Google, Cars 24, Infoedge|
|Analytics, BFSI & Consulting||2.0 L||2.0 L||CITI, Caspian, Mitkat, Zinnov, Leapfrog Strategy Consulting|
|FMCG||3.2 L||3.2 L||Ferrero, HUL, ITC, L’oreal, Nivea, P&G, Emami|
|FMCD/ Retail||1.0 L||2.51 L||Apollo, Casio, HP, Titan Company, Welspun, Sayaji|
|Others||2.4 L||1.4 L||Bosch, Delhivery, Mahindra, Meraki, UpGrad, SKF|
- The highest Stipend is given by recruiters in the FMCG sector which is followed by E-commerce & IT/ ITeS.
- Last year FMCD/ Retail was one of the top sectors which saw the highest stipend but it was the lowest stipend offering sector this year.
|Sector||Average Stipend (2020-22 Batch)||Average Stipend (2019-21 Batch)||% Change|
|Media & Advertising||0.44 L||0.63 L||– 30.16%|
|E-commerce & IT/ ITeS||1.36 L||0.92 L||47.82%|
|Analytics, BFSI & Consulting||0.60 L||0.90 L||– 33.33%|
|FMCG||1.58 L||1.66 L||– 4.82%|
|FMCD/ Retail||0.73 L||0.90 L||– 18.88%|
|Others||0.62 L||1.11 L||– 44.14%|
- Except for E-commerce & IT/ ITeS, there is a decrease in the average stipend for all the other sectors.
- FMCG recruiters offered an average stipend of 1.58 L followed by IT/ ITeS.
|Pointer||2020-22 Batch||2019-21 Batch||% Change|
|Number of participants||208||213||– 2.34%|
|Number of recruiters||83||76||9.21%|
|Highest Stipend||3.2 L||3.2 L||–|
|Average Stipend||78,657||98,349||– 20%|
- The average stipend for Top 25 offers is INR 2,48,667, Top 50 offers is INR 1,81,592 and Top 100 offers is INR 1,28,970.
- The overall average stipend decreased by 20% due to the pandemic which saw a 21% increase last year.
- Although the number of recruiters increased, intake by individual recruiters decreased.
The placement season of the 2020-22 batch was affected due to the pandemic as the average stipend decreased. Further, except for the E-commerce & IT/ ITeS sector, all the other sectors observed a significant decrease in average stipend. However, the number of offers decreased for the E-commerce & IT/ITeS sector. Overall, Media & Advertising emerged to be the most sought sector as the number of offers increased.
To structure your CAT online preparation in an efficient way consider joining iQuanta which is a top online cat coaching institute and being a part of the iQuanta CAT 21 Course.
You can also check out and be a part of their Facebook group for peer learning, doubt solving and free material.