SIBM Pune Summer Placement’s Comparison
The Summer Internship Programme for the MBA Flagship and MBA Leadership & Strategy Batch 2020-22 saw an average stipend of INR 1.97 lakhs. More than 100 recruiters from Automobile & Manufacturing, BFSI, Consulting, FMCG, Healthcare, IT, Retail, Telecom sector participated.
The legacy recruiters of SIBM include Asian Paints, Bajaj Auto, Cisco Systems, Dabur, GSK Consumer Healthcare, Godrej, ICICI Bank, JP Morgan, Mahindra & Mahindra, Marico, Nestle, P&G etc. The new recruiters include McKinsey, OYO, Puma, Reserve Bank of India, UltraTech Cement etc.
- The diversity split is 69% males and 31% females.
- The average age is 24.22 years and the average work experience is 26.83 years.
- The academic background split is 66% engineering, 15% commerce, 9% business administration, 5% science and 5% others.
- The work experience split is 11% having 3+ years experience, 21% having 2-3 years experience, 27% having 1-2 years experience, 12% having 0-1 year experience and 29% freshers.
- Maximum students have work experience in the IT/ITES sector followed by automotive/manufacturing and consulting/analytics.
- The highest stipend was given by recruiters in the Conglomerate, FMCG/FMCD sector.
- The highest number of recruiters i.e. 25% are from consulting /IT/ Technology sector which is followed by 20% recruiters from FMCG/FMCD sector.
|Pointer||2020-22 Batch||2019-21 Batch||% Change|
|Number of recruiters||100+||65+||53.84%|
|Number of offers||200||195||2.5%|
|Offers > 1.5 L||130+||156+||– 16.66%|
|Offers > 2.0 L||80+||87+||– 8%|
|Highest Stipend||3.0 L||3.0 L||–|
|Median Stipend||1.91 L||1.87 L||– 2.13%|
|Mean Stipend||1.97 L||2.01 L||– 1.99%|
|Mean Stipend Top 50 offers||2.77 L||2.89 L||– 4.15%|
|Mean Stipend Top 100 offers||2.36 L||2.47 L||– 4.45%|
- There is a significant increase in the number of recruiters but a decrease in stipend. This shows either many Tier 3, Tier 4 recruiters visited due to pandemic or stipend offered by top recruiters were less.
- The average stipend of females is 2.08 L and the average stipend of males is 1.92 L.
The placement reason witnessed many new recruiters participating along with prominent recruiters like Bajaj Auto, Cummins India, Mahindra and Mahindra in the Automotive/Manufacturing sector, Abbott, Cipla, GSK Pharma, UHG Group in the Healthcare sector, Godrej, ITC, RPSG group conglomerates, AB InBev, Asian Paints, Dabur, Marico, Nestle, Pepsico in FMCG sector, Axis Bank, ICICI Bank, HSBC, JP Morgan in BFSI sector, Google, Capgemini, Accenture, McKinsey from IT/Consulting sector.
To structure your CAT online preparation in an efficient way consider joining iQuanta which is a top online cat coaching institute and being a part of the iQuanta CAT 21 Course.
You can also check out and be a part of their Facebook group for peer learning, doubt solving and free material.