IIM Shillong Summer Placement with Report Comparison
The 2020-22 batch of IIM Shillong witnessed 70 recruiters participating offering 250 offers to 250 participants resulting in 100% placements with a 5% increase in average stipend. Prominent recruiters like AB InBev, Amazon, Bain & Co, Cognizant, Deloitte USI, D.E. Shaw, Goldman Sachs, Google, HSBC Bank, IBM, ICICI Bank, ITC, JSW, Nomura Investment Bank, PepsiCo, Pidilite Industries, etc and first-time recruiters like Aditya Birla Capital, Capital Foods, Cipla, Cummins, EY, Godrej, IDFC First Bank, JioSaavn, Lubrizol, Mahindra GMC, Microsoft, Piramal Group, Shell, Udaan, Xiaomi participated. IIM Shillong is committed to nurturing cutting-edge knowledge, accelerating innovation and grooming leaders in values and purpose to impact a dynamic world.
IIM Shillong Batch Profile
Number of IIM Students – 250
- The gender diversity split is 75% males and 25% females.
- The educational background split is 53% engineering, 20% commerce & finance, 12% science, 8% arts and 7% management.
- The work experience split is 24% having more than 2 years of experience, 20% having 1-2 years experience, 18% have 0-1 year experience and 38% freshers.
- 34% of students are from IT and Analytics followed by 18% from Operations. Usually, engineers go into such domains which is relevant from the fact that 53% of students are engineers.
- There is a 12% increase in students from Operations roles, i.e., from 6% last year to 18% this year showing the growth of the operations sector with many e-commerce start-ups coming up.
- There is a 12% decrease in students from Consulting & Strategy roles, i.e., from 19% last year to 7% this year.
Domain Wise Statistics
- Sales & Marketing occupied first place with 40% offers.
- There is a significant decrease of 7% from last year in the number of offers in the consulting and strategy sector.
- There is an increase in offers in General Management, HR and Operations roles which shows the preference of students in such roles.
- GamaSec, Outlook Group and Pidilite Industries made the highest number of offers in the S&M domain.
- Bain & Company made the highest number of offers in the consulting domain.
- Mangal Credit Fincorp made the highest number of offers in the Finance domain.
- The General Management domain witnessed an enormous 71% increase in the number of offers made.
- HR & operations domain witnessed an astounding 90% increase in the number of offers made.
- IT & Analytics domain witnessed diverse roles such as Data Analyst, IT Consultant and Product Manager being offered to students.
- BFSI continues to be the top sector with 26% roles.
- Technology, Media and Telecommunication saw the highest growth in offers from 7% last year to 22%.
- Manufacturing & Retail, Consulting. IT & Analytics, E-commerce saw a decrease in the number of offers compared to last year.
|Pointer||2020-22 Batch||2019-21 Batch||% Change|
|Number of participants||250||195||28.20%|
|Number of recruiters||70||68||2.9%|
|Number of offers||250||208||20.19%|
|Highest Stipend||3.0 L||3.0 L||–|
|Average Stipend||1.38 L||1.31 L||5.34%|
|Top 10 %ile average stipend||2.68 L||2.60 L||3.08%|
|Top 20 %ile average stipend||2.38 L||2.36 L||0.84 %|
|Top 50 %ile average stipend||2.11 L||1.67 L||26.34%|
- The number of offers by individual companies increased this year.
- There is a 26.34% increase in the average stipend of the top 50 percentile with a small increase in the average stipend of the Top 10 and Top 20 percentile.
|Domain||Highest Stipend (2020-22 Batch)||Highest Stipend
|Sales & Marketing||3.0 L||3.0 L||Amazon, Godrej, Google, ITC, Pepsico, Pidilite|
|Consulting & Strategy||2.0 L||3.0 L||Bain & Company, Cipla, Cognizant, Deloitte, EY, Optum|
|Finance||2.4 L||2.4 L||D E Shaw & Co, Goldman Sachs, HSBC, ICICI Bank, Nomura, Yes Bank|
|General Management||2.6 L||3.0 L||ABInBev, Aditya Birla Capital, Bharat Petroleum, JSW, Xiomi|
|HR & Operations||2.0 L||2.4 L||Capital Foods, Cipla, Mahindra Logistics, Shree Cement, Titan|
|IT & Analytics||2.5 L||2.0 L||Amagi, Datawise, Droom, IBM, JioSavaan, Microsoft|
The placement season witnessed a 20% increase in the number of offers. However, there is a 28% increase in the number of participants. Many prominent recruiters along with new recruiters participated in the 2020 placement round offering roles in different domains. Sales & Marketing emerged to be the top domain along with BFSI as the top sector.
To structure your CAT online preparation in an efficient way consider joining iQuanta which is a top online cat coaching institute and being a part of the iQuanta CAT 21 Course.
You can also check out and be a part of their Facebook group for peer learning, doubt solving and free material.