You will be prepared for the MBA study abroad program 2024 if you follow the MBA abroad application timeline. The most prestigious business schools begin taking MBA applications a significant amount of time before the admissions process even begins.
When there is plenty of time on one’s hands, experts recommend that individuals get a head start on working toward their objectives. Moreover, it gives the appearance that you are not serious about the study program if you wait until the last minute to start the MBA application procedure.
If you already have the answers to queries such as “why get an MBA?” and “which business school should I attend?,” the next question that should come to your mind is “during which application round should I submit my application for an MBA in 2024?” Read this blog to get clarity on your MBA abroad application for 2024.
Why Study MBA Abroad
Numerous Indian students choose to pursue an MBA from a reputed international college. Being a student at an international institution has its perks. Some of the reasons why Indian students decide to pursue MBAs abroad are:
- Study at a top business school with a global repute.
- Become a part of the alumni network of corporate leaders from across the globe.
- Get international exposure and opportunity to be recruited by some of the big global firms.
- Gain inter-culture awareness and prospect of learning a new language.
MBA Application: Why Should You Start The Process Early
According to the specialists, getting a head start on the procedure is preferable for a number of different reasons.
To begin, not all components of an MBA candidate’s profile can be established overnight. These include the candidate’s academic record, career successes, leadership experiences, and community service efforts.
Next, all the parts of an MBA abroad application are important, like the essay, the letters of recommendation, and the resume. Hence, it is essential to pay attention to the quality of each component. Some parts of the application, like the essay, require you to think about yourself and rewrite, which are both time-consuming tasks.
Third, an MBA applicant’s GMAT or GRE score will be looked at, so it’s important to study hard for whatever standardized test is taken.
Last but not least, because getting into an MBA program takes a lot of time and effort, potential MBA students who try to finish all the requirements in too little time are more likely to become exhausted.
MBA Abroad Application Timeline
To get into an MBA program, you have to go through at least three or four rounds of the application process. The first round of MBA applications is usually due in September. The second and third rounds are usually due in December, January, and April, respectively. There is also something called an “early action round” that is held at several institutions only a few days before the applications for round 1 admission open in September.
Early Action Round
Early action is preferable if you know which business school you want to attend. B-schools assume early applicants are applying to their school first. But if you want to look at more than one option, you must apply for regular admission. As a result, you might feel burdened to make a decision you aren’t ready for.
MBA Application Acceptance Rounds
The majority of business schools around the world have three rounds of admission for the following reasons:
- Receiving applications in more rounds helps the admission officer to review the applications thoroughly.
- To help the applicant modify the type and number of MBA programs in case of rejection in the first round from their preferred university and study program.
This round has the best chance of getting into any MBA program because not many people apply in round 1. As a result, having a small group increases your chances of being accepted into your top-choice program. Still, this round is more competitive than the others because the strongest applicants are the ones who apply early. When applying for round 1, make sure your GMAT or GRE score is satisfactory.
|Deadline: Early September to Early October|
Round 2 has the most applicants, so your chances of getting into the MBA program you want to get into are lower. There are two reasons applicants usually wait to apply till round 2,
- Unsatisfactory GMAT or GRE score. Preparing to reappear for the test.
- Still working on application essay to refine.
|Deadline: October to January|
With low-ranked MBA programs remaining for round 3, the applicants have one last shot at getting accepted to an MBA. As rounds 1 and 2 accept the majority of applicants for the top-10 MBA study program, round 3 might leave you with a less preferred choice.
|Deadline: Late March to Early April for majority B-schools|
|Deadline: January for few B-schools|
Note: Always check the deadlines for each round to make sure you don’t miss your chance to apply to the MBA program you want.
Which Application Round Should You Choose
When it comes to getting into an MBA program, there are several considerations that go into choosing which round to apply for. Because it is preferable to apply for a later round than to apply while unprepared, you should make sure that you are on the proper path before applying for an MBA. Before settling on a time to send in your MBA applications, there are a few things you need to take into consideration first:
- If you have one of the top-10 rated business schools as your goal, then it is imperative that you submit your application as early as possible. People who want to go to the best business schools come to the application process ready to submit their materials in the round 1. As a result, the initial round of applications at these prestigious universities gets a limited number of submissions. But the applications are highly competitive.
- Checking how well-prepared you are for applying is one step that you should never, ever skip. It’s one of the most important parts of the application process. In round 1, you should only move forward with your application if you have high GMAT or GRE scores. Also, you should have finished things like getting letter of references, writing essays, and updating your resume. In any other case, you should take it easy and give yourself plenty of time to retake any competitive examination, perfect your essay, etc., since the importance of these aspects to the evaluation of your application is greater than you would have thought.
- The process for international students to apply takes a lot longer than the process for local students to apply. Because of this, you should send in all of your applications by round 2 and not wait any longer. Also, in some countries, business schools make it clear that applications from international students will not be considered in later rounds.
When should You begin preparing for MBA Application
This is a question that bothers all MBA applicants. A simple answer would be the day you make up your mind to do an MBA, your preparations begin. Let’s understand the basic steps to begin preparing for an MBA abroad application:
- Choose your MBA study program.
- Shortlist universities at least 7 to 9 months before the admission for MBA 2024 starts.
- The first round of MBA admission begins in early September. So, ideally it is recommended to start preparing your MBA application 6 months before, i.e. around March-April 2023
Note: A quality application takes time to build. Start early.
For comprehensive guidance and to enroll for iQuanta’s newly launched GMAT Course, visit the link below.
For daily practice questions and 24*7 doubt clarification, join the group linked below