About MH-CET Law
The government of Maharashtra will conduct the MH-CET law 2020 exam for admission to the 3-year and 5-year law program in the state of Maharashtra. DTE conducts the MH-CET law exam online. MH-CET was introduced in 2016 by the Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra as a common entrance test for students seeking admissions to various government law colleges in the state. Nearly 15,000 students write MH-CET (5-year Law) every year.
1. For MAH LLB (5 Years)
Educational Qualifications: 10+2 passed/appearing
Minimum marks in qualifying exam:
- 45%in aggregate for Open, SEBC, and Economically Weaker Section (EWS) Category candidates and all India candidates.
- 40%in aggregate for candidate belonging to SC and ST category from Maharashtra state.
- 42%in aggregate for VJNT, SBC, OBC categories belonging to state of Maharashtra
2. For MAH LLB (3 Years)
- Candidates should have a graduate (or a post graduate degree) in any discipline from any University in Maharashtra established by an act of Parliament or by the State Legislature
- An equivalent national institution recognized as a deemed to be university or foreign university recognized as equivalent to the status of an Indian university by an authority competent to declare equivalence.
- Candidates who have completed Class 10th (SSC) +2 (HSC) education following regular mode can apply for admission to LLB 3 Years, provided they have completed their graduation and/or post graduation through regular mode/open or distance mode.
|Language||Marathi and English|
|Type of questions||MCQs|
|Exam duration||2 hours
Extra time will be allotted to several PwD candidates (based on the kind of disability)
|Total number of questions||150|
|Marking scheme||1 mark for each correct answer|
1. MH-CET Law Exam Pattern: For Five-Year LLB
|Section||No. of Questions|
|Logical &Analytical Reasoning||40|
|General Awareness with Current Affairs||30|
|Legal Aptitude and Legal Reasoning||40|
2. MH-CET Law Exam Pattern: For Three-Year LLB
|Subject/Topic||Number of questions||Marks|
|Legal Aptitude and Legal Reasoning||30||30|
|General knowledge with Current Affairs||40||40|
|Logical &Analytical Reasoning||30||30|
- Legal aptitude & Legal Reasoning: Indian polity, including Executive, Judiciary and Legislature, Law propositions with facts, the Constitution, etc.
- General knowledge with Current Affairs: Indian geography, current affairs, latest rules and amendments, etc.
- Logical & Analytical Reasoning: Reasoning by analogy, completing arguments, drawing well-supported conclusions, puzzles, blood relations, series, etc.
- English: Vocabulary, synonyms &antonyms, analogies, idioms &phrases, sentence improvement and rearrangement, fill in the blanks, etc.
- Maths (Only for 5-year LLB): Speed &distance, profit &loss, time &work, Algebra, etc.
MH-CET Law Colleges
MH-CET LAW scores and ranks are accepted by colleges in Maharashtra, of which some of the top ones are:
- Government Law College (GLC)
- SVKM’s Pravin Gandhi College of Law
- Jitendra Chauhan College of Law
- KC Law College
- Rizvi Law College
- Vivekanand Education Society’s College of Law
- ILS Law College
- New Law College, BVP
- DES’s Shri Navalmal Firodia Law College
- PES’s Modern Law College
- PDEA Law College
3. Nagpur and Other Locations
- RTM Nagpur University, Nagpur
- Central India College of Law, Nagpur
- Navjeevan Law College, Nashik
- Manikchand Pahade Law College, Aurangabad
- Panjabrao Deshmukh College of Law, Amravati
For comprehensive guidance and free one on one counselling, visit the link below.
To stay updated with the latest news and for 24*7 doubt clarification, join the group linked below.