Top 20 MBA Colleges In India For Consulting
Consulting interests students who have a curious mind and have a love for solving real-world problems, in different fields. Top corporates have shown keen interest to recruit talented students for consulting roles. This is partly because of the curriculum and pedagogy that the top business schools expose the students to, enabling them to develop problem-solving skills.
Let’s take a look at how top b schools have performed in providing consulting roles. The order given below is a list and not a rank.
During the final placement season for the batch of 2018-2020 at IIM Ahmedabad, there were 155 offers provided in Consulting. The domestic average for the students who received offers in consulting was INR 22,29,960 per annum.
IIM Bangalore had 432 students in the batch of 2018-2020. They were provided 518 offers during the final placements season. The average domestic compensation provided during this placements season was INR 26,18,000 per annum. McKinsey & Company provided 11 Pre Placement offers.
- Boston Consulting group provided 15 Pre Placement offers. Bain & Company provided 15 Pre Placement Offers. 37% of total offers were provided in the Management consulting sector.
Indian Institute of Management Calcutta had 44 students in its 55th batch 2018-2020. The students received 498 offers in the final placements season. The average salary was INR 27,80,000 per annum. The average for consulting during this season was INR 28,00,000. And the maximum salary offered for the students in consulting was INR 36,00,000.
- 19% of total offers were provided in management consulting.
Indian Institute of Management Lucknow had 443 students in the batch of 2018-2020. 447 offers were provided. In the consulting domain, 147 total offers were provided to the students. 32% of total offers were in strategy/consulting.
- Capgemini, Deloitte, Ernst and Young, BCG, and McKinsey were a few of the recruiters in consulting domain.
IIM Kozhikode closed final placements in just 5 days for its batch of 2018-2020. 413 students participated in the process. The average compensation offered in consulting was INR 23,75,000 per annum. The maximum compensation offered in this domain was INR 34,36,000 per annum.
- 29% of total offers were made in consulting
IIM Indore has maintained its reputation again by having a good placements season for its batch of 2018-2020 which had 578 students (431 in PGP, 91 Dual Degree and 56 students in PGP Mumbai) The average salary offered was INR 22,92,000 per annum.
- 22% of the total offers made were in the consulting domain during this placements season. BCG, Cognizant Business Consulting, EY, and PwC US Management Consulting were a few of the recruiters who offered roles in consulting.
FMS had a good placements season for its batch of 2018-2020 which had 230 students. 219 Students participated in the final placements process and 234 offers were provided. Average CTC was at INR 25,60,000 per annum.
- A total of 72 offers were provided in consulting/general management, of which 25 were pre-placement offers.
MDI Gurgaon successfully completed its final placements for the batch of 2018-2020 with 239 students in PGPM, 60 students in PGP-IM, and 60 students in PGP-HRM. The average salary for the batch was INR 22,05,000 per annum for the batch.
- Deloitte USI, McKinsey Digital and PwC US advisory offered coveted roles to the students during this placements season. 16 offers were in consulting for PGP-HRM students. 59 offers were in the consulting domain for PGPM and PGP-IM students during this placements season.
IIM Trichy completed its placements season for the batch of 2018-2020. 119 companies participated in the process. 186 offers were provided in total for the 173 students at IIM Trichy during this placements season. Average CTC was at INR 14,96,000 per annum for the batch. 38% of the total offers were provided in consulting and analytics sector.
- Associate consultant, Consultant – Functional management, Consultant- Business strategy, and SAP Consultant were a few of the roles offered to the students.
Indian School of Business (ISB)
ISB had a good placements season for its 890 students of the class of 2020. The 80% mean for the students of the class of 2020 was INR 25,06,434. A total of 1504 offers were provided.
- 23% of the total offers provided were in the consulting function.
XLRI Jamshedpur completed a successful placements season for its batch of 2018-2020 which had 359 students. The finals placements process this season concluded in just 2 days. 108 recruiters participated in the process and 362 offers were provided to the students. This season also saw 24 new recruiters who participated in the process. The average salary offered was INR 24,30,000 per annum. 26% of the total offers were provided by consulting firms.
- Reputed firms like McKinsey, Bain, BCG, Accenture Strategy, Deloitte, KPMG, and AON are a few of the consulting firms which participated in the process.
IIFT saw a good final placements season for its batch 2018-2020 which had a total strength of 321 students. 107 recruiters participated in the process and extended 10 international offers as well. The average compensation was INR 20,48,000 per annum. McKinsey, Roland Berger, and Bain Capability Network offered consulting roles to the students.
- Cognizant Business Consulting and Infosys Consulting offered consulting and analytics roles.
VGSOM, IIT Kharagpur
Vinod Gupta School of Management had 126 students in the batch of 2018-2020. 125 students participated in the final placement process. 70 recruiters were part of the process. INR 18,10,000 was the average salary provided during this placements season. 26% of the total offers were provided in consulting domain.
- Axtria, Deloitte, PwC, Wipro and ZS Associates offered roles to students in management consulting, cybersecurity consulting and technology consulting.
Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies
JBIMS had 125 students in its batch of 2018-2020. 60 Pre-placement offers or pre-placement interviews were offered to the students. 65 companies participated in the process. The average CTC was INR 22,84,000 per annum.
- Accenture Strategy, IBM, Deloitte, Infosys consulting, Capgemini, McKinsey, and PwC provided offers in the consulting sector.
SIBM, Pune completed its final placements process for its batch of 2018-2020. Over 90 companies participated in the process. The students received 87 pre-placement offers. The average CTC was INR 20,14,000 per annum.
- Consulting companies also recruited the students and 12% of the recruiters were from consulting domain.
NITIE had 414 students in its class of 2020. There were 121 recruiters who participated in the final placements process and there were 19 new recruiters. The average salary offered was INR 20,88,000 per annum. The students also received 130 PPOs. 17% of the offers were provided in consulting. INR 31,20,000 per annum was the highest salary in this sector.
- Accenture Digital, Deloitte India, EY, GEP, KPMG and McKinsey offered consulting roles.
DoMS, IIT Madras
DoMS, IIT Madras had 48 students in the batch of 2018-2020. The number of students who participated in the placements drive was 44. 25% of the students received PPOs. 3 international offers were also provided. The highest salary provided was INR 29,02,000 per annum. 4% of the total offers were made in strategy and consulting. The highest CTC was INR 13,00,000 per annum.
- The major recruiters were IBM and HCL.
SP Jain Institute of Management and Research
SPJIMR successfully completed the final placements process for 238 students of the PGDM Class of 2020. 122 companies participated in the process and there were also 44 recruiters who participated for the first time. The average salary was INR 26,36,000 per annum.
- 28.5% of the students received offers from consulting companies like Accenture Strategy, Avalon Consulting, Bain & Company, BCG, Deloitte, KPMG and PwC among others.
NMIMS, Mumbai concluded its final placement for its batch of 2018-2020. 170 companies participated in the process. 34% of its MBA batch students received PPOs. The highest Domestic CTC was INR 38,57,000 per annum and for international the highest was INR 58,61,000 per annum. Average CTC was at INR 18,33,000 per annum. EY, Deloitte, Accenture, and SAP provided offers to the students.
- Consulting roles like data consultant, functional consultant, digital consultant and SAP consultant were offered.
IIM Shillong had 175 students in its batch of 2018-2020. 170 students participated in the process. 185 offers were provided by 60 recruiters to the students. INR 18,76,000 per annum was the average salary offered. INR 48,50,000 per annum was the highest salary that was offered to the students. 29% of the total offers were provided in consulting. The highest salary offered in this domain was INR 40,00,000 per annum.
- Students were offered roles in advisory, business development, and corporate strategy. Bain & Company, Deloitte USI, Cognizant Business Consulting, and PwC were a few of the recruiters who provided offers to the students in this domain.
Placement Reports References: