MDI Gurgaon Summer Placement Report Comparison
The summer placement of the 2020-22 batch witnessed 86 recruiters participating offering roles to batch size of 234 students from the PGDM programme and 58 students from the PGP-HR programme. Despite the pandemic, 27 new recruiters participated in the round resulting in a 4.76% rise in average stipend as offered last year.
The entire process was conducted virtually resulting in 100% placements due to the constant support of faculty and alumni. The focus was on ensuring smoothness for all the stakeholders involved.
Batch size – 292
- The split of gender diversity is 66% male and 34% female.
- The average age is 24 years and the average CAT percentile is 98.32.
- The diversity split is 70% from engineering, 16% from commerce and 14% from arts & science.
- 36% of students are from Tier 1 colleges including IITs, SRCC etc.
- The split of work experience duration is 34% having more than 2 years of experience, 24% having 1-2 years experience, 10% have 0-1 year experience and 32% freshers.
- The average work experience is 25 months.
- 26% of students are from the IT/ITES sector followed by 24% from manufacturing and operations.
- Despite maximum students from engineering, the work experience sector-wise diversity is worth noting as only 26% people are from the IT/ITES sector which was 33% last year.
- Most recruiters are from FMCG/FMCD sector like HUL, ITC, RB, Dabur, Coca Cola, Asian Paints, Nestle, Marico, Mars, Pidilite, Godrej, Loreal etc.
- The top recruiters from BFSI are JPMC, Golman Sachs, Axis Bank, ICICI Bank etc.
- The top recruiters from consulting are BCG, McKinsey, Deloitte, PwC, Everest Group etc.
- The top recruiters from e-commerce are Amazon, Flipkart, Udaan etc.
- First-time recruiters included media.net, Sprinklr, Microsoft, Perfetti Van Melle etc.
- MDI is known as a marketing institute which is evident from the fact that Sales & Marketing dominates the number of offers with 109 offers this year. The second best is Strategy and Operations offering 53 offers which are nearly half of S&M.
- The highest stipend is offered in the Technology and Media sector.
- 85% increase for the BFSI sector which is the highest.
- 28% increase in average stipend for the roles offered in the Operations domain.
- Highest stipend and highest offers in the FMCG/FMCD sector.
- Automobile, conglomerate, Energy & Logistics is another top contribution sector.
- 86% increase in offers in the e-commerce sector.
- The maximum decline of 55.55% in the technology, media and telecom sector.
|Pointer||2020-22 Batch||2019-21 Batch||% Change|
|Batch Size||292 (234 PGDM + 58 HRM)||299 (239 PGDM + 60 HRM)||– 2.34%|
|Number of recruiters||86||85||1.1%|
|New recruiters||27||30||– 10%|
|Highest Stipend||4.0 L||3.2 L||25%|
|Median Stipend||2.3 L||2.2 L||4.54%|
|Mean Stipend||2.42 L||2.31 L||4.76%|
|Top 10 percentile median stipend||3.4 L||3.1 L||9.68%|
|Top 10 percentile average stipend||3.48 L||3.06 L||13.72%|
|Top 20 percentile median stipend||3.2 L||3.0 L||6.67%|
|Top 20 percentile average stipend||3.32 L||3.0 L||10.67%|
|Top 50 percentile median stipend||2.9 L||2.6 L||11.53%|
|Top 50 percentile average stipend||2.94 L||2.69 L||9.29%|
- The number of 3 lac+ stipend offered to students is 70.
- The highest stipend is offered by media.net and Sprinklr.
- The average stipend is more than the median stipend showing a wide band of stipend offered.
- There is a significant increase in median and average stipend offered for the Top 10, Top 20 and Top 50 percentile.
The entire batch achieved 100% placements with a significant increase in average, median and highest stipend. Many new recruiters participated for the first time and offered roles in different sectors. Despite the pandemic, the number of recruiters participating was highest across all the batches.
To structure your CAT online preparation in an efficient way consider joining iQuanta which is a top online cat coaching institute and being a part of the iQuanta CAT 21 Course.
You can also check out and be a part of their Facebook group for peer learning, doubt solving and free material.