NITIE Summer Placement Report Comparison
The summer placements of NITIE Mumbai witnessed participation from 124 recruiters like Bain & Company, McKinsey, HUL, P&G, Amazon, Google, Asian Paints etc. More than half of the batch received above 2 lac stipend. 258 students participated in the PGDIM batch in total and 15 in the PGDISEM batch.
Due to the pandemic, the process was conducted virtually. The process being virtual made it easy to conduct interviews and that is why many first-time recruiters like BigBasket, Bluestone, Compass Group, IDFC First Bank, Tiger Analytics participated in the placement process. However, the number of recruiters visiting was lesser than last year and the number of roles offered by individual recruiters decreased as well.
Batch Size – 483 students
|Work Experience||% Split|
Average work experience is around 18 months.
Function & Sector Wise Placements
- Maximum placements were in Manufacturing followed by IT/Analytics.
- Top recruiters in Manufacturing are 3M, Asian Paints, Cummins, HPCL, L&T, Pidilite, Titan, UltraTech Cements, Vedanta etc.
- Top recruiters in IT/Analytics are Accenture, Cisco, General Electric, Google, HP, TCS, Tiger Analytics, Wipro etc.
- Top recruiters in Consulting are Bain & Co, Deloitte, McKinsey & Co, McKinsey Digital, PwC US Advisory etc.
- Top recruiters in FMCG are Amway, Bira91, Britannia, Colgate, Dabur, Godrej, HUL, ITC, J&J, Mars, Mondelez, Nestle, P&G, Reckitt, TCPL etc.
- Top recruiters in Retail & E-commerce are Amazon, BigBasket, Bluestone, Cloudtail, Flipkart, Grofers, Pepperfry etc.
- 76% of students were placed this year due to the pandemic.
- Last year, manufacturing was taken by 29% students which dropped to just 5% which shows manufacturing was highly impacted due to the pandemic.
- Maximum students were placed in the Retail & E-commerce sector followed by FMCG.
|Sector||Stipend Offered (2020-22 Batch)||Stipend Offered (2019-21 Batch)|
|BFSI||INR 2.5 LPA||INR 2.4 L|
|Consulting||INR 3 LPA||INR 3 L|
|FMCG||INR 3.4 LPA||INR 3.4 L|
|IT/Analytics||INR 1.8 LPA||INR 1.8 L|
|Manufacturing||INR 3 LPA||INR 3 L|
|Pharma & Healthcare||INR 2.5 LPA||INR 2.5 L|
|Retail / E-commerce||INR 2.8 LPA||INR 2.8 L|
|Others||INR 3 LPA||INR 3 L|
- A maximum stipend was offered in the FMCG sector which was the same trend last year as well.
- The average stipend (for 2 months) offered by the Tech & IT and Retail & E-Commerce sectors rose significantly by 21.13% and 10% respectively.
|Total Number of Students||258||15|
|Highest Stipend ( for 2 Months)||INR 3.2 LPA||INR 2.6 LPA|
|Average Stipend (for 2 Months)||INR 1,76,514||INR 1,31,333|
|Median Stipend (for 2 Months)||INR 1,80,000||–|
|Average 20% Stipend ( for 2 Months)||INR 2,90,000||INR 2,56,667|
|Average 10% Stipend||INR 3,00,800||–|
|First Time Recruiters||Capital Foods, Everest Industries, Purplle|
|Top Recruiters||Dabur, Deloitte USI, HUL|
- The median stipend increased to INR 1.8 L from INR 1.5 L last year which is a 20% increase.
- Over 76.4% of the batch received 6-digit stipends for the entire duration & 47.2% received over INR 2,00,000 stipend for the entire duration.
The placement season was definitely affected due to degrowth in the economy which resulted in fewer recruiters coming for placements compared to last year. Further, 100% of the batch couldn’t be placed due to fewer offers by recruiters. However, there is a significant increase in the median stipend but overall, the numbers were impacted.
To structure your CAT online preparation in an efficient way consider joining iQuanta which is a top online cat coaching institute and being a part of the iQuanta CAT 21 Course.
You can also check out and be a part of their Facebook group for peer learning, doubt solving and free material.