SJMSOM Summer Placement Report’s Comparison
The placement process of the 2020-22 batch witnessed a mix of new and old recruiters offering diverse roles in various domains. The top 30% of the batch secured an average stipend of INR 2.96 lacs and the top 50% of the batch secured an average stipend of INR 2.6 lacs.
The entire process was shifted to a virtual mode where 16 new recruiters participated. The average stipend was more than 2 lacs. Top recruiters from BFSI, Consulting & IT, FMCG/FMCD, Healthcare, E-commerce & Others visited this time.
Batch Size – 111
- The work experience split is 12% for 3+ years, 38% for 2-3 years, 28% for 1-2 years, 22% for less than a year.
- The average work experience is 23 months and freshers are 13%.
- Maximum people are from IT/ITES, operations and engineering sectors showing that maximum students are from an engineering background.
- 60% of students are certified in Cli SCMPro, Data Science, Lean Six Sigma GreenBelt and others.
- 40%+ students have experience working in Fortune 100 companies.
Sector Wise Details
- Most recruiters are from FMCG/FMCD sector which is 38%.
- The top recruiters from the BFSI sector are Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase, ICICI Bank, Fidelity Investments offering roles in functions like analytics, asset management, investment banking, retail and corporate banking.
- The top recruiters from Consulting and IT sectors are Capgemini, Google, PwC, Wipro, Salesforce offering roles in functions like data analytics, management consulting, operations consulting, product management, technology consulting.
- The top recruiters from FMCG/FMCD sector are Asian Paints, Colgate, Nestle, Marico, P&G for offering roles in functions like IT, Operations Management, Sales & Marketing, Supply Chain Management.
- The top recruiters from Healthcare, Ecommerce are eBay, Flipkart, OYO Rooms, Johnson & Johnson offering roles in functions like Data Analytics, Operations Management, Supply Chain Management. The new recruiters visiting included Gemini Corporation, Sony Picture Network, Sun Pharma.
- Most offers (34%) are from the FMCG sector as the number of recruiters was the highest.
- However, in Healthcare, e-commerce is second best with 29% offers even though the recruiters split is 24%.
- There is a significant drop in offers from the consulting and IT sector which was second-best last year with 32% offers.
- The above chart shows student profile wrt to work experience.
- Maximum students with work experience between 0-12 months went to Healthcare, E-comm sector.
- FMCG/FMCD sector offers were taken majorly by students having work experience between 25-36 months.
- Consulting and IT offers were also majorly taken by students having work experience between 25-36 months.
- Maximum students from 36+ months took offers from the BFSI sector. However, it was least preferred by students from 25-36 months of work experience.
|Pointer||2020-22 Batch||2019-21 Batch||% Change|
|Number of recruiters||41||46||– 10.87%|
|New recruiters||16||17||– 5.88%|
|Highest Stipend||3.2 L||3.2 L||–|
|Median Stipend||2.06 L||2.15 L||– 4.18%|
|Mean Stipend||2.0 L||2.02 L||– 4.01%|
|Top 30 percentile average stipend||2.96 L||2.82 L||4.96%|
|Top 50 percentile average stipend||2.63 L||2.59 L||10.67%|
- Due to the pandemic, the effect could be seen on summer placements as there is a decrease in the number of recruits visiting. Further, there is a 4% decrease in the average stipend.
- Although there is an increase in average stipend for the Top 30 and Top 50 percentile but students below the Top 50 percentile have witnessed a significant decrease in average stipend.
The top 80% of the batch got offers having an average stipend of 2.25 lac. Although there was a small drop in the number of recruiters visiting, there was an increase in the average stipend for the top 50% of the batch. This shows the confidence and resilience in the 2020-22 Batch of SJMSOM.
To structure your CAT online preparation in an efficient way consider joining iQuanta which is a top online cat coaching institute and being a part of the iQuanta CAT 21 Course.
You can also check out and be a part of their Facebook group for peer learning, doubt solving and free material.