IIFT Summer Placements Report Comparison
The 2020-22 batch of IIFT witnessed around 123 recruiters participating in the placement drive and offering an average stipend of INR 1.61 lakh. The batch strength increased to 401 making it the biggest batch ever. Recruiters from various domains like Sales & Marketing, Finance, Operations, Consulting participated with maximum offers in Sales & Marketing.
46 new recruiters participated in the summer placement drive which is around 37% of the total recruiters. IIFT has also been crowned as the most competitive B-school by Dare2Compete with 15 new corporate competitions opening up for the students. The stellar performance in summer placement is the result of undergoing intense academic rigour, the opportunity to organize corporate events and participating in various live projects and business competitions.
Batch Strength – 401
- There is a 20% increase in batch size from 334 last year.
- The diversity split is 80% from Engineering, 14% from Eco/BCom/BBA/Stats and 14% from Law/Pharma/Science/Arts.
- The split of work experience duration is 11% having more than 3 years of experience, 22% having 2-3 years experience, 23% have 1-2 years experience, 44% have 0-1 year experience out of which 32% are freshers.
- Maximum students have work experience in the IT sector which is followed by Operations. Last year, Operations occupied the last place with only 7% students. This year there is a 13% increase in students from Operations which is a result of many e-commerce and logistics startups coming up.
- The IT and Operations sector is constituted majorly by engineers.
Domain Wise Statistics
- Maximum roles are offered in Sales & Marketing followed by Finance.
- Legacy recruiters in Sales & Marketing include Amway, Bajaj Auto, Cipla, Dabur, Godrej, GSK, HP, L’oreal, Sanofi, TCPL, Tata Sky, Titan etc. First-time recruiters include Bridgestone, Mars, General Electric, United Breweries.
- Legacy recruiters in Finance domain include Citibank, D. E. Shaw, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase, Synergy consulting offering roles like Investment Banking, Asset Management, Wealth Management, Corporate Finance etc. Future Generali is one of the first-time recruiters.
- Legacy recruiters in IT/ ITeS and Analytics include Conduent, Genpact, Google, Microsoft Hexaware, TCS and Walvo with around 35+ offers. BMW is the first-time recruiter which offered an analytics role.
- E-commerce recruiters like Flipkart, Grofers, Udaan, Unacademy and Voxco are the first-time recruiters.
- Legacy recruiters in Consulting domain include Capgemini, Cognizant, TCS, Wipro. McKinsey and EY participated for the first time.
- Premier recruiters like BD, Cipla, Gemini Corporation, L&T, Maersk Line, Tata Steel and United Phosphorus Limited and RPG offered Operations roles.
- General Management and Strategy include recruiters like Flipkart, VOIS, Xiaomi, Axis Bank, Godrej Properties, ICICI Bank, JSW etc.
- The niche trade domain includes recruiters like International Materials Inc, Olam Agro and COFCO, LDC and Maersk.
|Pointer||2020-22 Batch||2019-21 Batch||% Change|
|Number of participants||401||334||20%|
|Number of recruiters||123||104||18.27%|
|Highest Stipend||3.20 L||3.20 L||–|
|Median Stipend||1.50 L||1.70 L||– 11.76%|
|Average Stipend||1.61 L||1.68 L||– 4.16%|
|Average Stipend for Males||1.56 L||1.65 L||– 5.45%|
|Average Stipend for Females||1.76 L||1.72 L||2.32%|
- There is a significant increase of 18.27% in the number of recruiters visiting the campus.
- The median and average stipend decreased as more Tier 2 and Tier 3 recruiters participated in the summer placement drive.
- The average stipend of Top 100 students is around INR 2.37 L while the average stipend of Top 200 students is around INR 1.93 L.
- More than 70% of the batch received a 6-figure stipend from the recruiters.
The 2020-21 placement season witnessed an average stipend of 1.61 lakh offered to around 401 candidates. There is a decrease of 4% in average stipend compared to last year but many new recruiters visited the campus offering diverse roles. Top recruiters like McKinsey, BMW, Mars, General Electric, and Flipkart participated for the first time. This shows that despite pandemic times, top brands continued to recruit candidates for relevant projects showing a positive outlook for coming batches.
To structure your CAT online preparation in an efficient way consider joining iQuanta which is a top online cat coaching institute and being a part of the iQuanta CAT 21 Course.
You can also check out and be a part of their Facebook group for peer learning, doubt solving and free material.