IPMAT Selection Process 2023
The IPMAT exam is conducted by IIM Indore each year for admissions into their Integrated Programme in Management (IPM). The IPMAT selection process 2023 has been revised and released by IIM Indore. The IPMAT admission process consists of 4 stages – IPMAT Registration , IPMAT Exam 2023, Video Assessment Round and the final announcement of the selected candidates’ list.
The five-year Integrated Programme in Management, or IPM, is offered by six of India’s twenty IIMs: IIM Indore, IIM Rohtak, IIM Jammu, IIM Bodh Gaya, IIM Ranchi, and IIM Nagpur. The first 5-year management degree cohort at IIM Indore began in 2011; the second institution to offer the programme in 2020 was IIM Rohtak. Both institutes have different IPM student intakes. IPM was introduced by IIM Ranchi, IIM Bodh Gaya, and IIM Jammu with their inaugural classes in 2021. The most recent institution to join the list of IIMs offering a 5-year Integrated Program in Management is IIM Nagpur (IPM).
Overview of IPM Selection Process 2023
In order to move forward with the IPM Selection process, it is important to first of all go through the IPMAT exam pattern given below:
IPMAT Eligibility Criteria
IPMAT eligibility is a set of requirements as mentioned by IIM Indore and IIM Rohtak, the students must fulfill the following criteria to get Admission in IPM course. In order to fulfill the IPMAT selection criteria 2023, a student must also fulfill the IPMAT eligibility criteria.
- The candidate should have scored at least 60% aggregate (for General & NC-OBC) and 55% (for SC, ST and PWD) in class 10/SSC or class 12/HSC or equivalent exams.
- Maximum 20 years of age as on July 31st 2021 is the age limit to take IPMAT exam.
- Students appearing for Class 12th exam or equivalent are also eligible to apply.
Also Read :
IPMAT Selection Process 2023 Stages
The IPMAT selection process for 2023 has 5 different stages. In order to get into the IPM programme of IIM Indore and IIM Rohtak, a candidate needs to go through all these five stages.
A candidate needs to first of all go through the IPMAT eligibility criteria. If eligible, you can then move on to filling the IPMAT registration form. Post the registration process, you are supposed to appear for the IPMAT 2023 exam. If your IPMAT score crosses the cut-off marks, you’ll be evaluated a second time in the Video Assessment round. Post that, considering all the factors, your selection for the IPM programme will be finalised.
Stage I : IPMAT Registration
The first stage in the IPMAT selection process 2023 involves registering for the IPMAT exam. Post checking the eligibility criteria, a candidate can fill the IPMAT 2023 registration form.
- The IPMAT 2023 registration process will likely start by the second week of April 2023.
- Candidates must have all the important documents handy while registering for the IPMAT 2023.
- The IPMAT registration fee is INR 4130/- for General category candidates and INR 2065/- for others.
Stage II : IPMAT Exam 2023
The next stage in the IPMAT selection process 2023 is taking the Integrated Programme in Management Aptitude Test (IPMAT). Post the IPMAT registration process, you’ll be provided with IPMAT admit card to appear for the IPMAT 2023 exam. You can check the IPMAT exam pattern here.
IIM Indore Revised IPMAT Pattern 2023
IIM Rohtak Revised IPMAT Pattern 2023
Stage III : Video Assessment
Candidates will be shortlisted for the IPMAT Video Assessment round considering their scores in the IPMAT exam.
- In the Video Assessment stage of IPMAT selection procedure 2023, shortlisted candidates will have to upload a self-recorded video file within a specified period of time after the declaration of the IPMAT 2023 result.
- Candidates will be provided with a set of questions as per which they’ll have to frame their answers and record a video with their responses and upload it.
Stage IV : Merit List Generation & Final Selection
- A merit list will be generated post the completion of all these rounds. The IPMAT authority will release the IPMAT final merit list of the candidates based on the Composite Scores (CS).
- Only those students qualifying the earlier rounds and satisfying the requirements will be considered.
- Category wise merit list will be generated based on the composite scores.
The scores will be calculated in the following manner :
IPMAT Selection Process 2023 Weightage
Following is the weightage allotted to different aspects in the IPMAT selection process 2023.
Also Read :
IPMAT Selection Process 2023 (International Applicants)
If you are an International candidate looking to become a part of the 5 year Integrated Programme in Management, the selection procedure for you would be taking the SAT exam and then appearing for the WAT-PI Round. The IPMAT selection procedure for International candidates is provided below.
IPMAT Selection Process 2023 Stages For International Candidates
Stage 1 : Registration
Register yourself for the IPMAT Exam by filling the application form.
Stage 2 : Merit List Generation
Taking your SAT scores into consideration, you will be selected for the next round. If unselected for the IPM programme, you’ll be informed through individual letters.
Stage 3 : WAT-PI Round
Post the merit list generation, you’ll have to undergo a WAT-PI round as per the IPMAT selection process 2023 for International candidates.
On the basis of all these parameters, you’ll receive a final admission offer from the IPM authorities.
If you’re looking for free counselling around IPMAT and a structured course to prepare, click on the link below.