S P Jain Autumn Placement Report’s Comparison
The autumn placement of the 2020-22 batch witnessed 88 recruiters participating who offered 268 offers to a pool size of 236. The roles were offered across various sectors like BFSI, E-commerce, FMCG, Pharma, Consulting. 61 new recruiters like Invesco Mutual Fund, Allianz Investment Management, ICICI Prudential participated in this round which is the highest across all the batches passed till now.
Due to the pandemic, the entire process including group discussions and interview panels was shifted to a virtual mode by using different platforms like Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Google Meet, Cisco WebEx. Despite all the challenges to this new mode, 100% of placements were witnessed showing the hard work put in by the placement team.
Function Wise Key Statistics
Consulting and General Management
- The prominent recruiters included Accenture Strategy, Avalon Consulting & BCG.
- New recruiters like Neeyamo, Quixpert and Revature gave offers with profiles in technology consulting and management consulting.
- 9 offers were made by recruiters like Mahindra GMC and Tata Administrative Services in leadership roles.
- 15% of the batch was placed in the E-commerce sector compared to 26% last year.
- Prominent recruiters included Amazon, Cloudtail, Flipkart, Ola and Prione.
- Roles offered in this sector included Product Management, Program Management, Supply Chain, Business Development, Vendor Management, In-stock Management, Marketing and Branding.
Sales and Marketing/ Operations and Supply Chain
- 17+ recruiters from the FMCG sector participated in the autumn placement process.
- 61% of the Marketing Management batch and 39% of the Operations and Supply Chain Management batch accepted offers in this sector.
- Overall, 30% of the batch was placed in FMCG, with roles in Sales and Marketing, Digital Marketing and Supply Chain Management compared to 29% last year.
- Recruiters like Asian Paints, Colgate Palmolive, General Mills, HUL, J&J, L’Oréal, Marico, Mondelēz, Nestle, Pidilite, P&G and RB participated.
- 33% of the Finance batch was placed with Investment Banking, Private Equity and Venture Capital firms, followed by 26% in Corporate Finance and Strategy roles, and 19% in Equity Research and Asset Management roles.
- Investment Banking, Private Equity and Venture Capital firms such as Axis Capital, DC Advisory, Elara Capital, India Internet Fund, Pavestone Capital, SBI Capital Markets and Unitus Capital participated.
- Corporate Finance and Strategy roles were offered by firms such as Amazon, HUL, Nestle, RB, and Tata Communications.
- Equity Research and asset management roles were offered by Allianz Investment Management (Singapore), Invesco MF, ICICI Prudential AMC, Kotak Securities and Spark Capital.
- Strategy roles were offered by Nomura and treasury operations were offered by Reliance.
IT and Analytics
- Technology companies like Endurance International Group, Envestnet Yodlee, Microsoft, Revature offered Product Management, Tech Sales and Analytics roles this year.
- Corporate IT roles were offered by companies like Asian Paints, Dr Reddy’s Laboratories, HUL, Mondelēz and P&G.
- Close to 30% of the Information Management batch picked up offers in corporate IT followed by 25% in Product Management and about 20% in the Analytics sector.
|Pointer||2020-22 Batch||2019-21 Batch||% Change|
|Batch Size||236||239||– 1.2%|
|Number of recruiters||88||69||27.5%|
|Highest Stipend||3.2 L||3.2 L||–|
|Median Stipend||2.4 L||2.4 L||–|
|Mean Stipend||2.01 L||2.25 L||– 10.66%|
- Significant increase of 165% in the number of first-time recruiters.
- The 10.66% fall in average stipend was due to the fact that SP Jain conducts its placements in July August which was a peak time of pandemic and the economy was not doing well. Other B-schools started this process in September.
- More than 60% of the batch received offers of INR 2 L+ which was 82% compared to last year.
The autumn placement witnessed more recruiters participating this year. However, there was a decline in the average stipend due to the pandemic. FMCG and E-commerce were the dominant sectors with 33% and 15% of participants placed in this sector. Overall, many prominent recruiters visited the campus offering roles across various domains.
To structure your CAT online preparation in an efficient way consider joining iQuanta which is a top online cat coaching institute and being a part of the iQuanta CAT 21 Course.
You can also check out and be a part of their Facebook group for peer learning, doubt solving and free material.