SJMSOM Summer Placements 2022: Average stipend INR 2.96 lacs
The SJMSOM Summer placements 2022 drive saw a mix of new and old recruiters offering multiple roles in different domains. The top 30% of the batch secured an average stipend of INR 2.96 lacs and the top 50% of the batch secured an average stipend of INR 2.6 lacs.
The entire process had to be conducted on a virtual mode where 16 new recruiters participated. The average stipend was of more than 2 lacs. Top recruiters from BFSI, Consulting & IT, FMCG/FMCD, Healthcare, Ecommerce visited the campus.
SJMSOM: Batch Profile
Batch Size – 111
- The work experience split is 12% for 3+ years, 38% for 2-3 years, 28% for 1-2 year, 22% for less than a year in SJMSOM Summer Placements 2022.
- Average work experience is 23 months and freshers are 13%.
- Maximum people are from IT/ITES, operations and engineering sector showing that maximum students are from engineering background.
- 60% students are certified in Cli SCMPro, Data Science, Lean Six Sigma Greenbelt and others.
- 40%+ students have experience working in Fortune 100 companies.
SJMSOM: Sector Wise Details
- Most recruiters are from FMCG/FMCD sector which is 38% according to the data in SJMSOM summer placements 2022.
- The top recruiters from BFSI sector are Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase, ICICI Bank, Fidelity Investments offering roles in functions like analytics, asset management, investment banking, retail and corporate banking.
- The top recruiters from Consulting and IT sector are Capgemini, Google, PwC, Wipro, Salesforce offering roles in functions like data analytics, management consulting, operations consulting, product management, technology consulting.
- The top recruiters from FMCG/FMCD sector are Asian Paints, Colgate, Nestle, Marico, P&G for offering roles in functions like IT, Operations Management, Sales & Marketing, Supply Chain Management.
- The top recruiters from Healthcare, Ecommerce are eBay, Flipkart, OYO Rooms, Johnson & Johnson offering roles in functions like Data Analytics, Operations Management, Supply Chain Management. The new recruiters visiting included Gemini Corporation, Sony Picture Network, Sun Pharma.
- Most offers (34%) are from the FMCG sector as the number of recruiters was highest.
- However, Healthcare, e-commerce is second best with 29% offers even though the recruiters split is 24%.
- There is a significant drop in offers from the consulting and IT sector which was second best last year with 32% offers.
- The above chart shows student profile wrt to work experience.
- Maximum students with work experience between 0-12 months went to Healthcare, E-comm sector.
- FMCG/FMCD sector offers were taken majorly by students having work experience between 25-36 months.
- Consulting and IT offers were also majorly taken by students having work experience between 25-36 months.
- Maximum students from 36+ months took offers from BFSI sector. However, it was least preferred by students from 25-36 months’ work experience.
|Pointer||2020-22 Batch||2019-21 Batch||% Change|
|Number of recruiters||41||46||– 10.87%|
|New recruiters||16||17||– 5.88%|
|Highest Stipend||3.2 L||3.2 L||–|
|Median Stipend||2.06 L||2.15 L||– 4.18%|
|Mean Stipend||2.0 L||2.02 L||– 4.01%|
|Top 30 percentile average stipend||2.96 L||2.82 L||4.96%|
|Top 50 percentile average stipend||2.63 L||2.59 L||10.67%|
- Due to pandemic, the effect could be seen on summer placements as there is a decrease in the number of recruits visiting. Further there is a 4% decrease in average stipend.
- Although there is an increase in average stipend for Top 30 and Top 50 percentile but students below Top 50 percentile have witnessed significant decrease in average stipend.
The top 80% of the batch got offers having an average stipend of 2.25 lac in SJMSOM summer placements 2022. Although there was a small drop in the number of recruiters visiting, there was an increase in average stipend for the top 50% of the batch. This shows the confidence and resilience in the 2020-22 Batch of SJMSOM.