XLRI Summer Placement Report Comparison
The summer placement for the 2020-22 batch witnessed 126 recruiters participating with a record 41 first-time recruiters. The new recruiters who participated in the process included Google, Walmart Labs, Adobe, Gartner, Dabur, Sanofi etc. The batch size of 424 students included students from Business Management and Human Resource Management programs across both XLRI Jamshedpur and Delhi-NCR Campuses.
Despite pandemic times, there was an increase in the number of offers. The highest number of offers were given by Amazon which was 37. The other top recruiters in terms of the number of offers made are BCG, Accenture, Citibank, ITC. The highest stipend was offered by JP Morgan Chase.
Segment Wise Statistics
- The top segment offering maximum roles are Sales & Marketing followed by BFSI and Consulting.
- Sales & Marketing occupied the top place with 40% offers. However, it decreased to half this year.
- The top recruiters in the FMCG sector are P&G, HUL, ITC, RB, Nestle, Mondelez, Asian Paints, Mars offering roles in sales & marketing, company strategy, product supply etc.
- The top recruiters in the BFSI sector are JP Morgan Chase, Goldman Sachs, CITI Bank, Axis Bank, ICICI offering roles in front-end investment banking, wealth management, global markets, equity research etc.
- The top recruiters in the Consulting sector are BCG, Bain & Company, Accenture, Gartner, Everest Consulting etc.
- Other sectors which saw offers are Manufacturing, Automotive, Healthcare, Pharma, Technology, E-commerce.
- The prominent recruiters in HR are HUL, P&G, J&J, JP Morgan, Walmart, ITC, Asian Paints, Nestle offering roles in Learning and Development, Talent Acquisition, HR Consulting, HR Analytics etc.
- Many startups like Uber, PharmEasy, Udaan, OYO, Cred participated. The growing Ed-tech sector was visible by offers from Byju, Board Infinity, Talentedge.
- E-commerce recruiters like Amazon, Flipkart, Myntra, Cloudtail offered roles in Category Management, Program Manager, Vendor Management, Business Development etc.
- Tech industry giants like Google, Adobe, Dell, Samsung Electronics, Accenture, Microsoft, Media.net extended offers in product management, program manager.
Comparison of last two batches
|Pointer||2020-22 Batch||2019-21 Batch||% Change|
|Number of recruiters||126||86||46.5%|
|Highest Stipend monthly||2.5 L||2.5 L||–|
|Median Stipend monthly||1.2 L||1.2 L||–|
|Mean Stipend monthly||1.1 L||1.2 L||– 8.3%|
- The average monthly stipend for the top 10 percentile students is Rs 1,72,500 per month, and the top 25 percentile students are Rs 1,57,500.
- There is a significant increase of 46.5% in terms of the number of recruiters participating despite pandemic times.
- Significant increase of 273% for first-time recruiters as evident from the growth of start-ups.
The summer xlri placement witnessed many new recruiters participating, especially startups. Diverse roles were offered in product management, business development, program manager etc. As a whole, despite being a virtual process, the entire process was conducted smoothly.
To structure your CAT online preparation in an efficient way consider joining iQuanta which is a top online cat coaching institute and being a part of the iQuanta CAT 21 Course.
You can also check out and be a part of their Facebook group for peer learning, doubt solving and free material.